Monday, March 1, 2010

New year, new nose, new blog.

What better time to start a blog than the start of a new year? Well it's hardly the new year really, in fact it's March but it still fells new. Maybe that's because I really feel this is a "new" year for me. Probably got something to do with the fact that I have I new nose. Yes, I got a nose job. No, it's not one of those nose jobs where I circled perfect noses in magazines and screamed until Mummy and Daddy paid for me to get the "Keith Urban", it's one of those nose jobs where I had no function out of my right nostril and minimal from my left. So now, one nose smashing, and one week of bruising, swelling and traffic light jelley later I am breathing through both nostrils for the first time in memory. An aquantince of mine articulated the feeling better than I could, it's like chewing a piece of strong minty gum and taking a breath.

Now that you know the inner workings of my nasal cavities, I can move on to the new blog. I shouldn't really call it a new blog, because that would imply that I had an old blog, but no. I've just burst my blog cherry. It's always been one of those things I've intended to do. As a member of the wannabe writers clan, it's one of those things that old people say you should do because they heard Richard Glover on 702, or some other similar youth foreign media source say something about blogging. But they've got a point. A writer should... write. And if you're lucky enough to have it read as well, all the better. I've started "creating" a blog numerous times but I've always been stalled, and consequently given up when I have to provide a blog title and domain name. There's immense pressure to come up with something, witty, insightful, clever but relevant (after all this is something a writer should be able to come up with... right?). But at 1.00am after being randomly inspired coming across a random blog that shall remain nameless I went for it, and came up with the title "Writing the Wrong". I'm a sucker for a good pun. But it has a point too, like every year, I've decided this is going to be my golden year, so I'm going to right the wrongs of years gone by, and actually become proactive in my writing and in my life.

Expect any and everything on the blog. Expect shorts stories, oversharing (already done that!), occasional poetry that will be later taken down out of embarrassment, film reviews, book reviews, ramblings and anything else I get the urge to send off into the cyber world. The thing you can expect the most is probably that I after two weeks I will have forgotten this blog entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment